For assistance please call 1-424-364-0075
Italforni baking stones pre-drying instructions
Do NOT install Italforni baking stones until you have read the following pre-drying instructions.
Failure to pre-season the stones WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE
ITALFORNI BAKING STONES PRE-DRYING INSTRUCTIONS
To minimize warping and prolong the life of the Italforni baking stones, you must follow these instructions to complete the pre-drying process.
Pre-drying slowly removes excess moisture from the Italforni baking stone – you must KEEP THE OVEN DOOR CLOSED DURING THE PRE-DRYING.
Begin with Italforni baking stones at room temperature; install them inside the oven.
For Gas ovens with mechanical thermostats
- Pre-heat the stones with the pilot burner on for 1 hour
- Then, increase the temperature to 200 F
- After pre-drying at 200 F for 3 hours, increase the oven temperature to 300 F for 1 hour
- Increase 100 F every hour until maximum temperature is reached
- Maintain maximum temperature for at least an hour
TK series ELECTRIC ovens
(dial thermostats that range from 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest))
- Set the dial at the lowest setting for 1 hour
- Increase the top and bottom setting for heat every 45 minutes, until you have completed five 45-minute periods of drying using the initial 5 of the 10 settings
- Continue to increase the setting every 30 minutes until you have reached maximum temperature
- Turn the oven off. Allow ample time for the Italforni baking stones to cool completely. Do not alter the pre-drying process!
|IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to pre-dry the stones following these instructions can result in severe damage to your equipment and void the manufacturers’ warranties.